Alloy 2120 Applications
Alloy 2120 MoN is a nickel-chromium-molybdenum alloy with particularly low carbon content and an addition of
nitrogen. The material distinguishes itself through an outstanding corrosion resistance under
reducing as well as under oxidizing conditions. Furthermore, Alloy 2120 MoN is characterized by superior strength
compared to other C alloys.
Alloy 2120 MoN is characterized by:
- Extraordinary resistance against pitting and crevice corrosion as well as against chlorine induced stress corrosion
- Excellent resistance against a huge number of corrosive media, beginning with strong reducing conditions right
up to oxidizing conditions.
- Excellent resistance against mineral acids like sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid.
- Good ductility.
- Good weldability.
- Intended application area of -196 to 450 °C (-320 to 842 °F).
- Approval for pressure vessels according to ASME Code Section VIII Div 1; Section VIII Div 2, Class 1 applications
Alloy 2120 MoN has a wide range of applications in the chemical, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries as
well as in energy production and environmental technologies.
Typical applications include:
- Components in flue gas desulfurization and waste incineration plants as e.g. scrubbers, raw gas inlets and heat
- handling of mineral acids like sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid and acid mixtures even when contaminated with
- acetic acid and acetic anhydride production
- production and processing of halogen containing chemicals
- equipment for organic synthesizes and fine and specialty chemicals production
- components exposed to seawater and to highly concentrated brines
- sour gas and geothermal services
Alloy 2120 Plate Standards
|Tube and Pipe Welding||-||-||-||B 619
Alloy 2120 Designations
Alloy 2120 Chemical Composition
Alloy 2120 Physical Properties
|8.6 g/cm3 (537 lb/ft3)||1,330 - 1,370 ℃(2,426 - 2,498 ℉)||The material is non-magnetic|
|Modulus Of Elasticity||-/-||194/28.1||188/27.3||182/26.4||177/25.7||169/24.5|
|Co-efficient of Thermal Expansion||11.4/6.36||12.2/6.76||12.5/6.96||12.9/7.17||13.2/7.32||13.8/7.64|
Alloy 2120 Mechanical Properties
Welding Alloy 2120
Following filler metals are recommended
|The following filler material is recommended: Welding rods, welding wire and wire electrodes|