Alloy 926 Applications
Alloy 926 is an austenitic, special stainless steel that was developed on the basis of the many times proven Alloy 904 L (1.4539). Due to its 6.5 % higher molybdenum concentration, Alloy 926 has a generally
improved corrosion resistance and resistance against pitting corrosion and crevice corrosion compared to Alloy
904 L. This also has a positive effect on the resistance against stress corrosion that is induced by pitting corrosion.
Alloy 926 is characterized by:
- Very good resistance against chloride-induced stress corrosion.
- Increased resistance against stress corrosion in comparison to other austenitic stainless steels.
- Excellent general corrosion resistance when in contact with oxidizing and reducing media.
- Higher strength than Alloy 904 L (1.4539).
- low propensity to form inter-metallic phases.
- Approval for pressure vessels in the temperature range from -196 to 400 °C (-272.2 to 752 °F).
Typical applications for Alloy 926 are:
- Vaporizers, heat exchangers, tank housings, etc. in phosphorus acid production.
- Facilities and pipework in the use of diluted sulfuric and phosphorus acid, even if these are contaminated with
- Distributor systems and coolers for sulfuric acid plants.
- Concentration and crystallization plants in salt extraction by vaporization .
- Fire extinguishing systems, sea water filtration, hydraulics and injection systems of off-shore engineering.
- Pump frames of oil extraction pumps
- Pump lines and couplings, wire lines in oil and gas extraction.
- Condenser pipes and pipework systems in power plants with heavily contaminated cooling water
- Parts for flue gas desulfurization that are exposed to modest corrosion strain
- Facilities and parts for the bleaching phase of the pulp industry
- Flexible pipes in the off-shore industry
- Tanks for storing and transport of aggressive chemical substances
Alloy 926 Plate Standards
|Bar||EN10088-3||-||SB 649||B 649|
Alloy 926 Designations
|EN||1.4529 X1 NiCrMoCuN25-20-7|
Alloy 926 Chemical Composition
Alloy 926 Physical Properties
|8.1 g/cm3 (506 lb/ft3)||1,320 - 1,390 ℃(2,408 - 2,534 ℉)||1.001|
|Modulus Of Elasticity||193/28.0||186/27.0||179/26.0||173/25.1||168/24.0|
|Co-efficient of Thermal Expansion||-/-||15.0/8.33||15.7/8.72||16.1/8.94||16.4/9.11|
Alloy 926 Mechanical Properties
Welding Alloy 926
As welding fillers, FM 59 (preferred) or FM 625 are recommended:
|Welding rods, welding wire and wire electrodes|