Nickel 200 and 201 Applications
Unalloyed nickel combines good mechanical properties with good corrosion resistance. In application temperatures above
300°C (572°F), Nickel 201, which stands out for a low C-concentration, is preferable over Nickel 200. The
lowered C-concentration reduces strength and the work hardening rate, and it raises ductility.
Typical applications are:
- Food manufacturing such as handling of cooling brine, fatty acids and fruit juices due to the material’s resistance against acids.
- Alkalis and neutral salt solutions and against organic acids.
- Tanks in which fluorine is produced and where it reacts with hydrocarbon (CFC) due to the material’s resistance against fluorine.
- Storage and transport of phenol.
- Production and treatment of caustic soda.
- Production of synthetic fibres and soaps.
- Production of hydrogen chloride and chlorination of hydrocarbons such as benzene, methane and ethane.
- Production of vinyl chloride monomer due to the material’s resistance against dry chlorine gas and hydrogen chloride in increased temperatures.
- Electrical and electronic components.
- Electrode contacts and current conductors in batteries.
- Current conductors in alkali fuels.
Nickel 200 and Nickel 201 are unalloyed nickel with a nickel concentration of at least 99.2%. Nickel 201 is the low carbon version of Nickel 200.
They are characterized by:
- Excellent resistance in alkaline media.
- High ductility in a wide temperature range.
- High electrical and thermal conductivity.
Nickel 201-200 Standards
|B 162||SB 162
Nickel 201-200 Designations
|EN||2.4066 (200) / 2.4068 LC-Ni 99.2 (201)|
|UNS||N02200 (200) / N02201 (201)|
Nickel 201-200 Chemical Composition
Nickel 201-200 Physical Properties
|8.9 g/cm3 bei 20 ℃ (556 lb/ft3) at 68 ℉||1,435 - 1,445 ℃(2,610 - 2,630 ℉)||0.61 T||360 ℃ (68 ℉)|
|Modulus Of Elasticity||205/29.7||196/28.4||175/25.4||140/20.3||-/-|
|Co-efficient of Thermal Expansion||-/-||13.9/7.72||15.2/8.44||16.2/9.0||16.7/9.28|
Alloy 201/200 Mechanical Properties
Mechanical Properties of Nickel 200
Mechanical Properties of Nickel 201
Welding Alloy 200/201
The use of the following fillers is recommended for gas-shielded welding methods:
|Welding rods and wire electrodes|